How to Join a Learning Community
- Review the list of learning communities
- Read descriptions of the learning communities and identify those of most interest to you
- Contact the learning community coordinator of the program of interest for more information.
- If the learning community in which you are interested is residential (reserved residence hall spaces in proximity to other learning community participants), you will have the opportunity to sign up for that program when you contract for housing (List of Residential Learning Communities). Please review the learning communities list to determine which learning community fits with your academic major and/or interests.
- If the learning community you are interested in is not residential, then you will have the opportunity to sign up at summer orientation.
- Most importantly, if you have any questions, just ask! We are more than happy to help you find the information that will help you in your decision making.
"Some of the people that I met through the learning team are my best friends at Iowa State. If I had to do it all over again, I would make sure that I entered Iowa State as a learning team member." -- Jeremy
"Because of my experience with the LC, I decided to study abroad. That experience taught me more about myself and my place in the world than I would have ever dreamed possible. The LC played a major part in my decision to go on that adventure." -- Michaela