Majors eligible to join
All first-year direct from high school and transfer students of color within the College of Human Sciences are eligible to join.
Let us help you get off to a great start! Connect Four is a community for first-year and transfer multicultural students in the College of Human Sciences, supported by peer mentors, staff, faculty, and alumni. It is an opportunity for you to build community with your peers, learn about campus resources, connect with faculty, and strategically plan your individual journey through college. It is a space for you to be poured into and built up as you navigate your first year at Iowa State. We focus on academic success, leadership skill-building, personal and professional development, and networking with faculty, staff, and alumni.
Connect Four includes:
- Weekly meetings during dinner (meals provided)
- Senior Peer mentors to provide advice and insight on academic and overall student success
- Academic support – optional study tables, study groups, and tutoring (students who participate in Connect Four have a higher average GPA’s than students who choose not to)
- Networking opportunities with Faculty, Staff and Alumni
- Professional development funding to support participation in conferences, training, exams, etc. related to your major and future career.
- Field trips
Fall 2021, we will be offering a living option in Larch Hall. If you are interested in:
- living in a community of other College of Human Sciences Multicultural students
- building a strong foundation for your college career and beyond
- and all of the above benefits
We encourage you to sign up for the Connect Four living option through the Housing Portal (you can do this up until May 1st, after May 1st you will need to contact the housing team at 515-294-2900).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to our Fall 2021 list of Connect Four students. First-year and transfer students can also sign-up with the College Director of Multicultural Student Success during Orientation. Connect Four students are not required to live-in to participate in Connect Four but we highly encourage participation in this additional opportunity of community.