FOCUS (Fostering Opportunity and Collaboration through Unity and Scholarship)
Majors eligible to join
All multicultural students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences are eligible.
The FOCUS Learning Community is a multicultural peer mentorship program that is designed to support incoming students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The program provides academic, social, and professional connections to aid in the successful transition to college. Students will participate in enriching activities that will help them develop a strong sense of community.
Benefits of FOCUS
- Receive one-on-one guidance from a peer mentor
- Successfully navigate your first-year experience
- Increased opportunity for academic success
- Attend fun monthly social events to build community and strong connections
- Develop a strong network of peers to support you through your academic journey
No residential options are affiliated with the program.
Contact Audrey Kennis, email@example.com, to learn more about the program and how to get involved.
"The best part of being in a learning community is the mentor/mentee connection that you can make and getting to know other students in the same boat as you." - College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Student