Multicultural Vision Program (MVP)
The Multicultural Vision Program (MVP) Scholarship is awarded to 100 incoming, multicultural freshmen students who are Iowa residents. Students are eligible to receive the full-tuition scholarship for 8 continuous semesters by maintaining their cumulative GPA at a 2.0 or higher. The MVP learning community provides students with opportunities for academic success, career development, identity development and leadership development.
Specifically the program provides:
- First year seminar courses (PSYCH 131 and UST 102A)
- Academic support and tutoring
- Assessment of learning ability using the College Student Inventory (CSI)
- Individual meetings to help students develop an integrated academic and social plan for academic success
- Meetings with essential university offices and departments to connect students with campus resources
- Peer mentoring with sophomore and junior students
- Cohort/team building activities that encourage a sense of belonging and inclusion
- Funding to support professional development (i.e. registration for professional conferences, travel expenses associated with professional conferences in a student’s major, professional organization dues)
This Learning Community and its courses are only open to recipients of the MVP Award.
Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA)
2080 Student Services Bldg